Released: July 2021
Updated: April 2022
- AppsAnywhere Server 2.11.0.0906
- AppsAnywhere Client 1.6.0 Windows (new)
- AppsAnywhere Client 1.6.0 Mac (new)
Key features and fixes
- Automated App Licensing - Manage license details for compatible apps through AppsAnywhere
- New v3 user interface included (optional)
- Improved validation workflow and stability
- Added support for upcoming operating system versions
- Resolved "No new applications to add" when the Cloudpaging API response is slow
- Administrators can now specify a custom login endpoint for AzureAD SSO authentication
Allow targeting of SCCM apps to users, not just machines
AppsAnywhere will trigger Rosetta installation on M1 Mac
You may also wish to view the notes on previous releases.
The server upgrade process is a migration from existing AppsAnywhere servers, to the new virtual appliance based servers, which will need to be set up in advance.
To plan and prepare for migration, refer to the following documentation:
Please note: in addition to previous network / firewall requirements, one additional external destination is required for AppsAnywhere 2.11, to permit access to the Node.js update repository.
- AppsAnywhere Appliance for VMware
- AppsAnywhere Appliance for Hyper-V (Gen 1)
- AppsAnywhere Appliance for Hyper-V (Gen 2)
- AppsAnywhere Appliance for Azure (vhd)
- AppsAnywhere Appliance for AWS (ova)*
If you are planning to migrate to Azure from existing on-premise servers, please contact AppsAnywhere Support for advice and guidance.
- AppsAnywhere Client 1.6.0 Mac pkg
- AppsAnywhere OneDrive Launcher 1.0.3 x64
- AppsAnywhere Policy Template 1.4 gpo | plist
For manual deployment to institution owned machines please review Managed Deployment of AppsAnywhere Client and Cloudpaging Player.
Please note: DisablePreDeploy does not prevent user initiated installations. If a user visits AppsAnywhere and does not have the minimum client versions as specified in Client Settings, they will still be installed or updated. It is therefore advisable to update managed clients before setting new minimum versions.
For automatic updates on BYOD via the AppsAnywhere Client, under Admin > Client Settings, set the current and minimum versions for AppsAnywhere Client and Cloudpaging Player to the latest release.
- AppsAnywhere 2.11 is fully compatible with
- AppsAnywhere Client Windows 1.4+
- AppsAnywhere Client Mac 1.4+
- Cloudpaging 9.1+
- Parallels RAS 18.0+
- AppsAnywhere Client 1.6 is compatible with all previous versions of AppsAnywhere.
- However, due to the changes for AAMAC-65 the 1.4.0 client and above will NOT accept macOS. install launch requests from AppsAnywhere versions older than 2.10.
- AppsAnywhere OneDrive Launcher 1.0.2 is only compatible with AppsAnywhere client 1.4+.
Further information is available on the Product End of Life / Support Policy.
Latest Server Components
- CentOS v7.9 b2009
- Kernel v3.10.0-1160.el7
- Apache v2.4.6-97.el7.centos
- PHP v7.1.33-16.el7.remi
- PHP v7.4.23-1.el7.remi
- Microsoft SQL ODBC Driver v220.127.116.11-1
- OpenSSL v1:1.0.2k-21.el7_9
Amazon SSM Agent v18.104.22.168-1
This build is configured by default with the following enabled/configured:
Networking and DHCP enabled by default.
Unrestricted SSH access.
The setup user account is allowed SSH access.
Amazon SSM Agent installed and enabled.
Due to the above it is advisable that a security group is linked to the EC2 instance that restricts access via SSH/22 to specific IP addresses/ranges.
Supported Server Requirements
- VMware vSphere 6.0 or later
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 or later
- OpenNebula with KVM
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 to 2019
- MySQL 5.7.8 or later
- MariaDB 10.0 or later
Note: Any other format or conversion of the AppsAnywhere appliance is not officially supported.