Released: December 2021
Updated: February 2022
Latest Server build: 18.3.1 (22908)
Key features and fixes
- New: Support for AppsAnywhere SAML credentials to be passed to Parallels RAS
- New: Support for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022
- Improved: Stability when using the Parallels RAS Console
- Fixed: Bidirectional drag and drop is not working as expected for some applications and formats
- Fixed: "The location folder is not available" when downloading in the HTML5 client
- Fixed: Remote audio recording is not allowed when RAS policy "Enable recording" is enabled
- Fixed: Parallels Client stability
- Fixed: Possible crash when using FSLogix Profile Container in a Remote PC VDI Guest VM
- Fixed: VDI Agent may show status of "Not Verified" under unstable network conditions
- Fixed: No available resources error may occur when trying to access Remote PC VDI Guest VM
Please refer to the Parallels website for downloads of the latest server, clients, documentation and release notes:
You may also wish to view the notes on previous releases.
For customers using the Remote PC features - to make desktop PCs available remotely with the Guest Agent - Parallels have made a change to the licensing behavior in version 18.
PCs that are installed with the Guest Agent and added to the RAS console for management will now consume a concurrent user license whenever a user is logged in to that PC, whether remotely or locally.
Parallels RAS 18.3 is compatible with minimum AppsAnywhere Server 2.9 and AppsAnywhere Client 1.4.0.
Further information is available on the Product End of Life / Support Policy.
Please note: Parallels RAS Server 17.1 introduced a security fix that is only compatible with Parallels RAS Client for Windows 18.104.22.168 and above.
The security fix should not be enabled during server upgrade unless the latest client version has been deployed to all users.
AppsAnywhere advise that customers upgrade their own Parallels servers and clients using the Parallels RAS Console on one of the Publishing Agent Servers (usually the same as the Gateway server) by following:
Server upgrades can be carried out by AppsAnywhere Support on request. If you would like to schedule a server upgrade please contact support to suggest some suitable times and we will be happy to help.